Done Deal: Somerset sign Steve Davies on a three-year deal

Somerset have announced the signing of former England wicketkeeper Steve Davies, that will keep him at the County Ground, Taunton until 2019.

The 30-year-old, who played for his nation five years ago, has only 13 limited-overs caps and has scored more than 10,000 first-class after starting a career at Worcestershire.


Davies said: "I have made no secret of my desire to play for England again and I hope that a new challenge, along with a return to wicketkeeping, will help kick my career on to the next level.

"(Somerset) are a strong club across all formats and I hope to fully contribute in the seasons to come

"I would like to thank Surrey CCC for all their help and support over the last six years and wish them well in the future."

Somerset director of cricket Matt Maynard added: "I'm delighted we have been able to secure the signing of Steven Davies.

"He is a player of high class and will add to the considerable talent we have at Somerset. Steven still harbours ambitions of playing for England and we will all work hard to support him."
Done Deal: Somerset sign Steve Davies on a three-year deal Done Deal: Somerset sign Steve Davies on a three-year deal Reviewed by Unknown on 5:30:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments: