Brad Hogg quits Perth Scorchers

Australian spinner Brad Hogg has quit the Perth Scorchers after spending the glorious five year spell with the club and will start afresh with a different Big Bash League outfit.

He is tipped to join the Melbourne Renegades. However, no official announcement has been announced from the club, but the Scorchers head coach Justin Langer confirmed that the 45-year-old was leaving the WACA Ground.


Hogg has started his Big Bash career in 2011-12 season, since then has been a leading wicket taker with 46 wickets at 21.82.

"Very disappointing," Langer told reporters. "I know [where he's going], but I can't tell you where he's going. But he's leaving the Scorchers. I'm really disappointed about that. What can I say? I'm personally disappointed, professionally disappointed, but it's his decision and life goes on.

"In my opinion he's made a wrong decision, that's okay, that's not my business. But I can go to bed at night knowing we offered him more money than we offered him last year, we think we've had as good deal with him for the last few years and it could have been a real win-win situation for him and us.

"But we wish him the best, we've been friends since we went to school together. I think he's been brilliant for the Scorchers. I think on and off the field he is fantastic, he's a good friend of mine but it's disappointing."

Hogg, who already retired from cricket in 2008, has made a comeback in cricket when the BBL started in 2011, helming the Scorchers to back-to-back titles in 2013-14 and 2014-15.
Brad Hogg quits Perth Scorchers Brad Hogg quits Perth Scorchers Reviewed by Unknown on 9:29:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments: